So, Some context, This is an incomplete draft of a constitution for a fictional country I created based on the U.S. Constitution for a Government class. 17 year old me really had his shit together, mostly. Moreso than I do in some respects.
The Tribunal of the Republic
We demand the creation of a "Tribunal for the Republic," comprised of 2 Citizens elected by each state who shall each serve for a single term 6 years. If further time is needed to complete its mandate, they shall be held on the year closest to the expiration of the current term. The Tribunal of the Republic shall only remain in existence for however long is required to submit final reports of evidence on all of the accused and shall not exceed the duration of 18 years regardless. The members of the Tribunal shall receive a stipend for personal expenses and no other form of payment of any kind from any source except those sources that predate their election.
The Tribunal for the Republic will be tasked with investigating all former members of Congress, including their family members, Congressional staff and their family members as well as any and all former members of Congress still alive at the Foundation of the New Republic.
The Tribunal will investigate and collect all evidence related to the charges of Treason, corruption and all other crimes committed while seeking and or holding public office by the accused.
Treason shall include acts of violating the oath of office that all members of Congress freely swore to uphold. This documentation and all evidence uncovered shall be submitted in separate reports to the Supreme Court, along with the charges being brought forward in the name of the people.
When needed, the Supreme Court shall be responsible for recommending to the New Congress that a temporary lower judicial body be formed that will conduct the fair and impartial trails of all those accused of Treason, corruption or any other crimes that evidence is found of. This lower court will be charged with deciding if the evidence contained in the Tribunals report is of sufficient veracity that a reasonable person would be convinced of the guilt of the accused.
If found guilty of Treason; and if after an appeal, that can only be raised to dispute the facts presented and available at the time of the original trial, the accuseds guilt is reaffirmed, the punishment shall in all cases be death by hanging; to be carried out on the grounds of the State House the member represented.
No payment shall be made to and no honors shall be conferred upon the family of those found guilty of Treason. However, no punishment or denial of Liberty shall be enforced on the family of those found to be Treasonous. No members of the family of those found guilty and executed for Treason shall be eligible for public office for the length of 65 years. They may join the Armed Forces, but shall be ineligible to receive a commission as an officer. The estate of the executed shall be confiscated and any heirs will be eligible to receive only such material possessions that would be unsuitable for sale by auction, or those items that can be proven to have compelling sentimental value to the heir. All other assets and possessions of the executed shall be auctioned, and all monies used to offset the cost of the Tribunal or towards payment of the national debt.
01 Jun 2020 04:07
National Council of Citizens Liberty
Article 1. We demand the introduction of and public, recorded vote on a standalone bill implementing term limits on members of Congress effective immediately upon passage.
Article 2. We demand the repeal of the overly burdensome laws and regulations that have been enacted to or have the effect of limiting citizens access to firearms.
Article 3. We demand the fundamental restructuring of the federal governments bureaucracy and administrative state. In particular, we seek the abolishing of the ATF and the DEA. All agencies of the Federal government need to be evaluated and subject to immediate dissolution
01 Jun 2020 04:07
Article 4. We demand the abolishing of the Federal Reserve and introduction of a repeal of the illegitimate 16th amendment.
Officers of the Organization
1. National Chairman
2. Head of Regional Affairs
3. Chief Operating Officer
4. Head of Media Relations
5. Chief Financial Officer
6. Head of Records
7. Office of Security Services
1. The figure head of our national structure. Responsible for ensuring the Organizations goals are set and spread. Also responsible for setting election cycle for National and Regional Branches
2. Recruitment of and vetting of Regional branches. Receives applications from potential groups. Responsible for organizing and implementing operations to go into the field and gather information on applicants including numbers, bios, activity level and organizational structure. Tasked with providing guidelines for groups that wish membership
3. Responsible for coordination of National Council members official activities. Schedule events in conjunction with PR and Security. Also responsible for the scheduling and planning of Council Meetings and also setting guidelines for Regional Branches Meetings. Will be tasked with ensuring Meetings are following applicable local state and federal laws so as to protect National structure
4. The face of the National Council. Tasked with responding to all media inquiries, in writing or on camera. Will at all times put out only the approved messaging as agreed to by the Council. This is going to be the single most difficult office to fill due to the likelihood of media smears. Must be heavily and frequently vetted.
5. Charged with maintenance of all contributions. Will ensure all financial regulations are followed and inform the Council of finances at meetings. This office Must be held by an appropriate individual that will have a fiduciary responsibility to the Organization.
6. Responsible for collection and maintenance of all records related to Council Meetings and any activities conducted by Nation members. Also tasked with collection and maintenance of all Regional Branches submitted records including applications and meeting records.
7. Tasked with providing security for members of National Council. Also responsible for verification of legal standing of potential Regional Branch members at time of application. This office is also responsible for setting and dissemination of rules of use of force. They will also be the implementing officer of any activities agreed to be in furtherance of the Organizations goals.
New Bill of Rights for Citizens
1. No laws shall be passed with respect to firearms. No citizen shall be denied access to arms save those adjudicated mentally ill by a panel consisting of 2 psychiatrist and at least 4 other citizens of the accused citizens community. At least 1 psychiatrist and 3 community citizens must agree to render a citizen mentally ill for purposes of this law only.
3. Every 10 years all laws passed by local and state legislative bodies, save those deemed permanent, shall be presented to each state in ballot form. Any law that fails to receive 70% approval shall be deemed repealed and void.
No person shall act as an agent of the local, state or federal government who shall not have been approved by a panel made of no less than 3 psychologists and 12 citizens of the applicants community. All 3 psychologists and at least 10 citizens must agree to the appointment of said individual. All agents of the state are subject to lawsuits for their behavior during commission of official duties and behavior during personal activities
5. No member of the legislative bodies of local, state or federal government's shall receive more than a stipend as payment for holding office. The legislature may not vote to increase said stipend or approve any sort of payment for themselves or any other government employee. All pay issues will be voted on by ballot and must receive at least 70% approval or the proposed action shall be considered null and void.
6. No person shall hold elective office for more than 4 terms. Term limits are not subject to change, except to shorten the length of terms or further limit the number a person may serve. No person may serve in both chambers of the Congress for more than a total of 4 terms or 16 years. No person may serve more than 2 terms as President. No person may serve as President if they have reached term limits in either house of Congress. The term limits for each state may not exceed that of the Congress. Any person who serves in his states legislature shall be deemed to have seeved two terms for the purposes of limiting time in office.
. All laws purposed by Congress must be passed by at least a 65% approval. Any law that fails to attain 65% approval shall be considered null and void. All laws passed by Congress are subject to repeal by a ballot vote by citizens that if passed by 51% shall invalidate the law and prevent its enforcement.
8. No laws may be passed that limit, or may limit, the right of free citizens to practice their religion as they wish, unless said practice involves the harming of another individual, regardless of voluntary participation by all parties.
9. No laws shall be passed that will, or may, restrict the right of free citizens to ingest, imbibe, swallow, snort, inject or absorb in any form any substance they deem desirable for themselves. This law shall not be construed in such a way as to allow an individuals imbibing in a way that directly harms another, regardless of voluntary participation
10. The only laws that may be deemed "permanent" and therefore not subject to the 10 year ballot shall be limited to crimes that invole physical violence done on another person, regardless of voluntary participation in said activity. The only exception at this time shall be assistance in the desired suicide of an individual who must make a voluntary declaration in public and in writing of their desire.
11. The first and second amendments herein listed shall not be subject to repeal or replacement at any time regardless of any legislation or judicial action. They are not subject to suspension and shall remain in effect at all times for perpetuity.
Oh I do. And I firmly believe that and many other "regulatory" decisions need to be repealed. And going on my "wish list" like thought process, that kind of thing would never be considered. Body armor would be treated like any clothing. Regulated only to ensure truth in advertising
True. But realistically thats what the 10 year vote on laws does. Keeps those tyrants from being able to get something past the people. Its meant to make the system so burdensome as to prevent actual tyranny. If you need to print all these laws up and have people vote on them every ten years and people are made aware of the costs of doing that part, theyre more likely to vote no on all but the most important laws
@John Public yours is exponentially better than the one I made, but here it is anyway:
1) Any resident of the territory known as or controlled by the New United States of North America is to be granted the freedom to do whatever they wish, aside from inflicting harm upon another person, be it physical, psychological, emotional, or otherwise.
2) Any and all persons who serve in roles of government (Congress or whatever) are to be limited to no more than one combined term of 6 years. This extends to any and all positions including senators, councilmen, presidents, secretaries of defense or other services, etc.
3) All political "parties" in existence are to be abolished. The government serves the people, not their personal bias or belief. Therefore all groups defining themselves as one party or another must rescind that affiliation and serve their constituents based upon the votes the people offer.
4) Benefactors may donate no more than $125,000 to any campaign. Any found in violation of this will be required to withdraw their candidates.
5) Discrimination against anyone under any pretense is considered "harm." Discrimination based upon race, religion, orientation, choice of gender, personal identity, or financial standing is forbidden.
6) All members of NUSoNA are entitled to the right to purchase and own any property that an agreement can be reached upon, without causing harm to either party.
7) The military is to be handed to the people by state, all national Guard assets, military reserve units, and active duty members claiming a state as their resident state, will from here forward belong to the state they reside in. If you wish to change your state of residence, the appropriate paperwork will be delivered to you.
8) However, upon a declaration of war by Congress (or whatever system we have) they are to report no less than 10% of their assets to assist with war Efforts, but no more than 15%, depending on population of the state and its military. The remainder is to remain on standby to defend the nation against potential attacks.
9) Travel to any other nation is to be permitted with appropriate passport per other nations' requirements.
Its a good start, forsure needs work on the nomenclature. There also needs to be a mention of how funding for these things happens. Also might i add that it may be an idea to have third party watch dogs for all branches of any type of govt. Much like osha oversees work force compliance, groups can oversee compliance with the request of the North American people
So basic premis is that the main character has two personalities that keep taking over control of her body, im aware atm that it can be a little hard to understand who is talking which im working on. ATM Italics indicate the personality not in charge at that time. Any feedback will be great 🙂